If you’ve ever dreamed about staying in a private villa in Tuscany it’s time to turn your dream into reality. Join us for a wonderful 10 nights in Italy with 8 nights in our own private villa surrounded by rolling hills, vineyards, and olive groves. BEadventurous as we enjoy outings to nearby Panzano and visits to several Chianti hill towns, Volterra, Val D’Elsa, San Gimignano and Siena and more. BErelaxed at the villa and enjoy the spectacular countryside and private pool during leisurely days. BEfulfilled with the culinary delights of local chefs, cooking demonstrations and wine pairing. BEspontaneous in the local markets and shops and BEeducated as you immerse yourself in the history of Renaissance Florence both before and after the villa holiday.
Located in the beautiful and serene countryside near Panzano in Chianti, the heart of Tuscany, our villa is exactly halfway between Florence and Siena. Immersed in a natural setting of vineyards and olive groves, this rural retreat offers lovely and comfortable apartments, large gardens, a swimming pool, barbecue as well as wonderful views of the Tuscan countryside. The farmhouse villa is divided into apartments which are tastefully decorated in a lovely combination of original antique and rustic Tuscan styles complete with stone walls and wooden beams. Each unit is uniquely furnished with all offering comfort and a peaceful place to stay.
Gather your girlfriends and choose to book a private apartment or travel solo and join like-minded women for this villa holiday through the enchanting hillside towns of Tuscany.
This trip is appropriate for travellers who are in good health and are comfortable with full-day excursions. Participants with basic good balance, mobility, and moderate fitness level should not require physical preparation to enjoy the various activities of this tour. Walking on uneven terrain, sometimes uphill, walking and standing for long periods of time during guided tours, easy physical activities, stairways sometimes without handles, absence of elevators, and getting on and off various modes of transportation unassisted can be expected.
- Private group arrival/departure transfers (transfers based on group air arrival/departure times)
- Private transportation on a coach and/or van as per itinerary
- 2 nights superior accommodation in Florence, 8 nights villa accommodation at Il Palagio
- Daily breakfast, 2 lunches (1 local restaurant, 1 cooking class), 8 dinners (including a glass of wine)
- Welcome basket of food & wine in each apartment
- Guided tours of Florence, Volterra, Colle Val D’Elsa, Siena, Chianti Hills
- ½ day visit to San Gimignano
- Guided tour of Il Palagio Organic Vineyard & Olive Grove with wine tasting
- Services of an English-speaking Local Guide
- Services of a Broad Escapes Tour Manager
- Includes all applicable taxes and service charges
- 24-hour Ellison Travel & Tours Ltd. Emergency Contact Number while on tour
- Insurance has not been included as part of your tour package. Broad Escapes strongly recommends the purchase of Manulife Insurance coverage for Cancellation and Interruption Insurance, COVID-19 Travel Plan, Comprehensive Assistance, Health Coverage, Individual Accident Coverage and Baggage and Personal Effects Insurance. Contact us for rates and complete details.
- International airfare – Inquire with us about group space
- Passport, visas, government processing fees, vaccinations, COVID tests, if required at time of travel
- Luggage handling
- Beverages & meals not mentioned
- Items of personal nature
- Additional taxes, fuel surcharges or service charges levied by the governments or our suppliers
- European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) fee (effective in 2022 for visa-free non-EU citizens to visit the European Union Zone https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/etias/)
- International Flights – A designated group flight from Toronto will be assigned. We would be pleased to book your flights from Toronto or any other departure gateway.
- Arrival and departure transfers – for those not arriving & departing on group flights
Please Note: Proof of medical insurance coverage is mandatory to participate in this tour. Broad Escapes strongly recommends the purchase of Manulife Insurance coverage for Cancellation and Interruption Insurance, and Comprehensive Assistance, Health Coverage, Individual Accident Coverage and Baggage and Personal Effects Insurance. Contact your agent for rates and complete details.
DAY 1 | Wednesday, October 2 (D)
*Independent arrival at the Florence Airport
Welcome to Florence, Italy, the showcase of civilization! Upon arrival meet our private group transfer and check in to our centrally located hotel. In the afternoon enjoy an orientation stroll through the streets and surrounding neighbourhood. Gather in the evening for a welcome dinner.
Note: This is a land only tour, however, Broad Escapes will have a designated group flight from Toronto. The group transfer will be based on the recommended group flight arrival time. Private transfers (additional cost) can be arranged for those arriving at a different time/date. Flights from all gateways can be arranged through Broad Escapes.
Overnight Florence – Hotel de la Ville (or similar) – 1 night
DAY 2 | Thursday, October 3 (BD)
FLORENCE – IL PALAGIO
After breakfast, meet our English-speaking local guide and enjoy a walking tour of Florence. During the tour our guide will point out famous sites such as the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, the Uffizi Gallery, Piazze della Signori, Santa Croce and more. Enjoy time for lunch (at own expense) and leisure then regroup to proceed by coach to Panzano in Chianti. Enjoy a welcome cocktail upon arrival at Villa Il Palagio and meet the villa owner for an orientation meeting and check in. Settle in to unpack, relax or stroll around the villa property and enjoy the spectacular views of the vineyards and rolling Tuscany hills. Conclude the day with a group dinner, including local wines, served in the comfort of the villa.
Overnight Panzano – Villa Il Palagio – 8 nights
Villa Il Palagio is located within walking distance to the town of Panzano in Chianti, in the heart of Tuscany and is halfway between Florence and Siena. Immersed in its natural settings made of vineyards and olive groves, the villa offers five lovely and comfortable apartments, large gardens, a swimming pool, barbecue as well as a wonderful view of the Tuscan countryside. This rural retreat has been renovated but maintains the original stone walls, ceilings, and wooden beams. Its rustic Tuscan style combines functionality and comfort with authentic beauty. Each apartment is uniquely furnished, some with balconies, others with terraces or garden areas. Since it’s a farmhouse, some apartments are on the main floor and others on the second floor. Some are larger than others, but all have a nice living room, a well-equipped kitchen, spacious bedrooms and bathrooms with showers and all have the unique characteristics of a traditional Tuscan Farmhouse. The villa has a lovely community room where breakfasts and group dinners will be served.
DAY 3 | Friday, October 4 (BLD)
DAY VISIT TO VOLTERRA & COLLEGE VAL D’ELSA
After breakfast at the villa, depart with our English-speaking local guide on a full day excursion by private coach. The first stop is the small town of Volterra. Here you’ll explore and experience life as a Tuscan in this vibrant hill town. Continue to the medieval village of Colle Val D’Elsa, with its narrow lanes and magnificent 15th and 16th century noble houses. Enjoy a light lunch in a local trattoria with time to explore before returning to the villa.
DAY 4 | Saturday, October 5 (BD)
DAY VISIT TO CHIANTI HILLS
After breakfast depart with our English-speaking local guide for a day of discovery in Panzano and the surrounding Chianti Hills. Visit churches with beautiful artistic treasures, the medieval castle of Panzano and spectacular villages with hidden treasures in this stunning Tuscan countryside. Conclude the day with a group dinner, including local wines, served in the comfort of the villa.
DAY 5 | Sunday, October 6 (B)
IL PALAGIO VILLA
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast served at the villa. Today is a day of exploration in and around the villa. It is also market day in Panzano (08h00 – 18h00) complete with locally-grown organic food, local products, art, and crafts. You’ll want to spend some of your day with the locals in this quaint hillside village. For those who are energetic, hike to Greve or rent a bike and cycle along the countryside. Or simply sit by the pool and enjoy a good book. The day is yours to explore!
DAY 6 | Monday, October 7 (BD)
Board our private coach for a half day visit to the hil